Neolatex Elastic is a liquid additive based on a careful selection of last generation modified acrylic resins, developed to be added to mortars and mastics during the mixing phase, generating
materials with high flexibility and a low tendency to crack formation.
Also, the addition of Neolatex Elastic improves the following properties:
- Adherence: Neolatex Elastic gives the mortar/putty a better “gripping” capacity on the surface.
- Workability: Mortars and mastics with Neolatex Elastic additive are easier to spread and smooth, avoiding the operator fatigue.
- Waterproofing: The addition of Neolatex Elastic in the recommended proportions allows to obtain mortars totally waterproof, resisting even standing water and tiling.
- Resistance to wear and cracking: Since Neolatex Elastic provides a high degree of flexibility to the mortar, it reduces its cracking during setting. In addition, its resistance to abrasion is strongly increased, resulting in more durable materials.
- Carbonation resistance: Neolatex Elastic generates an internal network that prevents the mobility of the salts contained in the mortar. This dramatically reduces the occurrence of saline efflorescence. This keeps the material clean and consolidated for longer.
- Colour durability: In pigmented mortars, the addition of Neolatex Elastic maintains the colour of the material virtually unchanged.
Neolatex Elastic can be used in all types of mortars and mastics where increased durability and waterproofing properties are desired. For example, in the manufacture of: showers and baths bases, vertical surfaces with cracking tendency, waterproofing of lift shafts, generation of regularising and waterproofing layers of water tanks, pools or terraces, etc.
Mode of Application
Neolatex Elastic is to be used in the mixing stage of the mortar or mastic, replacing part of the mixing water with Neolatex Elastic.
- Add the mixing liquid to the concrete mixer or mixing container. As a mixing liquid, use a water
mixture of: Neolatex elastic equal to 1:1 or 2:1. Dilutions above 3:1 (Water: Neolatex Elastic)
are not recommended.
- Add the mortar / mastic and mix according to the mortar / mastic instructions.
- Apply the mortar following the desired procedure. (For fully flexible layers it is recommended
not to exceed 2 mm thickness).
- Plastic container: 5, 30 and 60 litres.