Aging treatment for marble and polished stone.
- Professional chemical aging.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Provides anti-slip protection. .
- High performance.
Old is a chemical treatment specially designed to age in a fast and effective manner all kinds of marbles and natural stones susceptible to chemical attack by acids, such as: limestone, sandstone, shale, etc. Once applied, OLD chemically modifies the surface so that the treated stone remains with a surface roughness identical to that caused by the passage of time and meteorological agents on materials exposed to the weather.
Due to its optimal formulation, high quality and high effectiveness, OLD also generates an anti-slip effect on the applied stones. This causes the treated coating to lose surface gloss and to
acquire roughness, increasing the surface slipperiness coefficient.
Based on its excellent properties and excellent results obtained on a large number of surfaces, they make OLD a very useful treatment for stairs, ramps and any access with this type of pavement that poses a slipping problem or that you want to give it a decorative aged appearance with permanent durability.
Treatment with OLD is irreversible, so the surface can only be restored to its original state by polishing.
Old can be used on all kinds of marble surfaces or limestone derivatives where you want to give an aging look or a anti-slip finish. In addition, OLD can be used in restoration work to match areas where new pieces have been placed next to old pieces.
Mode of Application
Depending on the degree of attack required, it can be used undiluted or diluted. Before applying OLD, it is recommended to perform a preliminary test to adjust the required attack rate by modifying the dilution or attack time.
The following steps are recommended to apply OLD:
- Initially, surfaces adjacent to the part must be protected to prevent possible splash damage, mainly if they are metallic.
- Then apply a small amount of OLD using a brush, roller or spray.
- Then, leave on for 5 – 15 minutes, depending on the degree of attack required, (which depends on the type of material).
- Finally, wash with plenty of water and let dry.
- Plastic containers of 5, 10 and 30 litres.